People & Tech
ItemaLab represents an important milestone in our continued pursuit of excellence in the field of R&D that underpins the advanced weaving machines that Itema produces and sells all over the world. Starting in May 2014, ItemaLab opened its laboratory in Kilometro Rosso, the renowned Science & Technology Park just outside Bergamo, “our very own Silicon Valley” in the words of Itema’s CEO, Carlo Rogora.
ItemaLab joins a host of other visionary multi-disciplinary companies working on advancing innovations across a number of industries with the aim of reaching new frontiers in science and technology. ItemaLab, Itema’s Research & Innovation (R&I) incubator, is tasked with designing the weaving machine of the future in a purpose-built hub dedicated to cross-fertilization of ideas, experimentation and dialogue with the like-minded inventors from the worlds of academia, enterprise and science.
Itema is unique in the industry with two advanced Research departments, one – ItemaLab – tasked, among other R&I projects, with developing the revolutionary breakthroughs that could lead to the “loom of the future” and another R&D arm at the Corporate Headquarters working on continuously improving the existing weaving machines. The Italian privately held multinational invest every year 6% of its profits in R&D projects.
No matter how easy to use and intuitive the latest-generation weaving equipment from Itema, training remains a key element when it comes to getting the most out of your looms, as well as learning how to safely operate them. This is why Itema strongly encourages Customers to schedule dedicated training courses for key weaving personnel at our new, fully-functional and ergonomic ItemaCampus facilities, which opened their doors in June 2015.
Hands-on training for the product groups such as the rapier R9500, R9500terry, and airjet A9500 series looms, as well as the projectile P7300HP V8 takes place at various Itema locations around the world, including our Itema Campus at HQ and training centers, as follows:
- Colzate, Italy
- Wollerau, Switzerland
- Shanghai, China
- Coimbatore, India
- Ibaraki, Japan
- Spartanburg, USA
In addition, Itema offers professional training courses for operators and maintenance personnel at the Customer Mills, for maximum convenience and time effectiveness.
Investing in your talent/ Weaving your career
- Itema Academy—in partnership with Confindustria Bergamo Education—is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the best new graduates to start the career on the right foot, in a growing and dynamic multinational Company like ours. It represents the ideal chance to pursue a career seizing opportunities to grow into a successful multi-faceted professional inside a global Company devoted to innovation and to our employees.
- We provide graduates with a well-structured and empowering training, which takes into account your aspirations and maximizes your potential. It consists of introductory and advanced courses followed by direct hands-on training in our main business functions (Sales, Marketing, Service, Quality, Lean Manufacturing and Planning).
- Itema Academy is a highly rated apprenticeship to create managers that can thrive in any business situation and can handle efficiently and effectively all of the most important aspects of managing a Company.
- Our goal and promise to you is to provide you with the best of Itema’s expertise and resources and to give you the opportunity to cultivate your talent and turn it into a successful career.
- For more information about Itema Academy or to submit your CV, write to email@example.com